Neighbor Power Indy 2020 Request for Presentations about Neighborhood Accomplishments
Please respond by November 15!
Theme: Celebrating 200 Years of Community
About Neighbor Power Indy
Neighbor Power Indy is a gathering of neighborhoods to promote positive change, foster connections and create momentum that will bring together active and engaged residents and community leaders on Saturday, March 7, 2020 at Marian University
We are seeking neighbors like you to share your accomplishments during discussions and workshops on the neighborhood issues we all face. We need your help to inspire and empower others with your stories. Together, we can make a difference.
Why Should I Share?
• A summary of your presentation will be included in Neighbor Power Indy materials.
• You will be part of an impactful program attended by neighbors, community group leaders, business owners, representatives of local nonprofits, corporate and philanthropic partners, and government officials.
• You will have a great opportunity to engage with neighbors through open dialogue and idea exchange.
What Should I Share?
This year's theme is: Celebrating 200 Years of Community
The Neighbor Power Indy programming committee encourages presenters from all walks of life to share their experiences on the following suggested topics:
· Topics related to Indianapolis’ bicentennial
· History of your neighborhood · Reflections on change in your neighborhood (where you’ve been, where you’re going, what should have been different)
· Business support of your neighborhood
· How the physical aspects of your neighborhood support community (front porches, for example).
· Neighborhood Development
· Engaging New Leaders
· Partnering for Stronger Communities
· The Power of Informal Associations
· Embracing diverse retail establishments
· Neighborhood Events and Community Arts
· Cultural celebrations
· Developing Youth as Leaders
· Intergenerational Collaborations
· Placemaking efforts
· Any Other Powerful Story That You and Your Neighbors Want to Share
How should I share?
Explain how your experiences are led by grassroots leadership in your community.
Explain how your experiences include youth participation and leadership.
Explain how your experiences support progress and change in your community, regardless of whether or not the change is already complete.
Explain how your experiences can be replicated in other neighborhoods.
Explain why your experiences are important to your community. What issues, desired changes, or topics have guided your work so far?
How Will It Work?
Presenters will have the opportunity to tell their stories at Neighbor Power Indy on March 7, 2020. The workshops/discussions are scheduled to last 60 minutes. Each presenter will share their accomplishments, allowing time for questions and discussion.
We encourage you to partner with others in your presentation. For example, if you worked with a not-for-profit organization, they may have valuable information to share with neighbors. If we receive proposals that are very similar or for the same geographic area, Neighbor Power Indy committee members may introduce you to other partners to consider collaboration.
What Does Neighbor Power Indy Expect From You?
1. Attend a workshop planning and information meeting on January 21, 2020 at 6:00 p.m. at the Indianapolis Neighborhood Resource Center.
2. Provide flash drive of presentation materials to INRC by February 28, 2020.
3. Present at the Neighbor Power Indy gathering at Marian University on March 7, 2020.
1. Workshop title
2. Presenter Name(s)
3. Session Description (Max. 300 words)
4. Session Format – i.e. clinic, moderated session, panel, etc.
5. AV equipment to be used
3. Address, City, State, Zip
5. Email Address
* Proposals must be submitted in prescribed “Proposal Outline.” *
Proposals must be received by 5:00 p.m. November 15, 2019 and can be submitted online here. Neighbor Power Indy 2020 presentation application or sent via mail, email or fax. Send to:
Neighbor Power Indy Programming Committee
C/o Indianapolis Neighborhood Resource Center
708 E. Michigan St, Indianapolis, IN 46202
The following AV equipment will be provided in each workshop room: computer, LCD projector, screen, whiteboard and markers. Presenters will need to provide anything additional at the presenter’s cost.
November 15, 2019: Proposal Submissions Due
December 13, 2019: Presenters Finalized and Notified
January 21, 2020: Presenter Orientation
February 28, 2020: Submit electronic copy of presentation materials
March 7, 2020: Neighbor Power Indy