Neighbor Power Indy 2022
Celebrating our resilient neighborhoods – moving forward to the new normal.
About Neighbor Power Indy 2022 (NPI 2022)
Neighbor Power Indy will be a hybrid event in 2022. We will focus on sharing stories, exploring new ideas and celebrating wins. NPI 2022 will take place the weeks of March 1st-12th, 2022. Specific times and dates will be determined for in-person networking opportunities, while workshops will be pre-recorded and highlighted throughout the above dates.
We are seeking neighbors and organizations like yours to share your accomplishments. We need your help to inspire and empower others with your stories.
Why Should I Share?
- A description of your presentation will be included in Neighbor Power Indy materials.
- You will be part of an impactful event attended by neighborhood residents, community group leaders, business owners, representatives of local nonprofits, corporate and philanthropic partners, and government officials.
- Your video will be recorded, which will allow you to use it for other opportunities.
What Should I Share?
This year's theme is: Celebrating our resilient neighborhoods – moving forward to the new normal.
Last year was a year of challenge and adaptation for all of us. In 2022, we will celebrate how neighborhoods were successful in trying times. The theme can represent many ideas. Share how you, your organization, your neighbors, coped during the pandemic and will move forward.
The Neighbor Power Indy programming committee encourages presenters to share their experiences on the following suggested topics:
- Neighborhood engagement
- Support of local businesses in your neighborhood and embracing diverse retail establishments
- Keeping youth active and involved
- Engaging new leaders
- The power of informal associations
- Discussing and promoting diversity
- Changing your neighborhood Events
- Public art
- Public safety
- Plans for moving forward
- Any other powerful story that you and your neighbors want to share!
How Will It Work?
Presenters will tell their stories in a pre-recorded session. The session can be as short as needed, but no more than 45 minutes.
We encourage you to collaborate with others in your presentation. For example, if you worked with a not-for-profit organization, they may have valuable information to share with neighbors; you may want to collaborate with them as you plan your session.
If we receive proposals that are very similar or for the same geographic area, Neighbor Power Indy committee members may introduce you to other partners to consider collaboration.
What Does Neighbor Power Indy Expect From You?
- Submit your intent to submit a video presentation. No video is needed at this time.
- Attend a free storytelling workshop in early 2022, date to be determined. This training will help you prepare for your session and make your video.
- Submit your recorded session by February 14, 2022. INRC staff will offer assistance with recording your session if needed.
- Help promote NPI 2022 to your networks.
- Video title
- Presenter Name(s)
- Session Description (Max. 300 words)
- If you will need assistance with recording your video
- Address, City, State, Zip
- Email Address
Proposals for videos are due by 5:00 p.m., Monday, December 6th, 2021 and can be submitted here.
December 6, 2021: Proposal Submissions Due
December 17, 2021: Presenters Finalized and Notified
January 20, 2022: Presenter Storytelling Training
February 14, 2022: Recorded Sessions Due
March 1-12, 2022: Neighbor Power Indy