Become a Public Ally
We’re The Ones We’ve Been Waiting For
Public Allies Indianapolis offers the nationally-recognized Public Allies AmeriCorps Apprenticeship program. This 10-month apprenticeship program combines full-time AmeriCorps service at a local nonprofit organization with intensive personal and professional development. The Public Allies program develops young leadership through program components that build the following core values:
- Focus on Assets
- Diversity & Inclusion
- Continuous Learning
Want to be a Public Ally?
Do you have a passion to make a difference and the desire to lead? We show young leaders how to turn their passions, unique skills, experiences, and commitment to making a difference in their community into a viable career path. We offer Allies a chance to gain "real world" experience in a supportive learning environment. Each year we identify people of widely diverse backgrounds to join our program.
The 10-month program includes:
- Full-time, AmeriCorps apprenticeships in local nonprofit organizations, where apprentices create, improve and expand services that address diverse issues such as youth development, education, public health, economic development, the arts and the environment.
- A rigorous leadership development curriculum delivered by community leaders, practitioners and educators.
- A monthly living allowance of $1,500.
- Eligibility for health care insurance, child care assistance, and interest-free student loan forbearance.
- An education award of $5,815 after successfully completing the program to pay back student loans or pay for future education.