Become a Public Ally
Application submissions for the 2018-19 program year are now open!
Apply at apply.publicallies.org by June 22.
We’re The Ones We’ve Been Waiting For
Public Allies Indianapolis offers the nationally-recognized Public Allies AmeriCorps Apprenticeship program. This 10-month apprenticeship program combines full-time AmeriCorps service at a local nonprofit organization with intensive personal and professional development. The Public Allies program develops young leadership through program components that build the following core values:
- Focus on Assets
- Diversity & Inclusion
- Continuous Learning
Want to be a Public Ally?
Do you have a passion to make a difference and the desire to lead? We show young leaders how to turn their passions, unique skills, experiences, and commitment to making a difference in their community into a viable career path. We offer Allies a chance to gain "real world" experience in a supportive learning environment. Each year we identify people of widely diverse backgrounds to join our program.
The 10-month program includes:
- Full-time, AmeriCorps apprenticeships in local nonprofit organizations, where apprentices create, improve and expand services that address diverse issues such as youth development, education, public health, economic development, and the environment.
- A rigorous leadership development curriculum delivered by community leaders, practitioners and educators.
- A monthly living allowance of $1,500.
- Eligibility for health care insurance, child care assistance, and interest-free student loan forbearance.
- An education award of $5,920 after successfully completing the program to pay back student loans or pay for future education.